Monday, October 27, 2014

Chattanooga





Along with the traditional carving of Halloween pumpkins and late night bonfires, the tradition of going back to your hometown when the first signs of fall appear should be mandatory. Although I didn’t make my way to Duluth this weekend, I got the awesome opportunity to explore Becca’s hometown in North Georgia.

The change of atmosphere was well worth the trip. Statesboro is still in the high 80°s so I was pretty happy when I was able to whip out my boots for the trip. In addition to my excitement for fall footwear, my own personal Stefon (AKA: Becca) took me to Chattanooga for the day. “This place has everything” including the amazing doughnut mural that I thought would be perfect for my very first post for two reasons:


  1.     I love doughnuts. I finished a whole bag of powdered doughnuts, that day.
  2.     The fact that they even have this mural was a direct invitation to take pictures.


When it comes to the rule about not wearing white after Labor Day, I believe anything goes.  During the day it was fairly warm so I decided to dress comfortably with a loose blouse by Lush, paired with some effortless cable knit tights from Gap.  The sweater that I threw on later that day was the perfect statement piece just because of it's bright color and for it’s graphic design reference. Thanks Ludwig Meis Van der Rohe.

Until next time,
Yendi
Sweater: Forever21 Top: Lush Tight: Gap Boots: Marc Fisher  Bag: Vintage 


Sweater: Forever21 Jeans: Madewell Boots: Frye Bag: Michael Kors



No comments:

Post a Comment

PRETTY THINGS AND CLEVER WORDS ©2014 | DESIGN BY CC